Plastic Rotational Molding For Your Furniture
It is a new world out there with rotational molding furniture slowly dominating the world of plastic products. They are almost everywhere. With a production process that allows for the mass production of hollow plastic products of all shapes and sizes at a reasonable cost per unit, it is only a matter of time before scientists discover another raw material that will be used in rotational molding to expand the industry even further. To explain the process in simple terms, it involves the same technique used to create hollow chocolate eggs. The raw material that is typically used is powdered plastic heated and then rotated on two axis inside a mold. Centrifugal force disperses the plastic polymer and within minutes it evenly coats the inside of the mold. A quick cooling step follows and once the mold is opened, a plastic chair, table or bed springs is extracted. One of the factors that makes this process inexpensive is that unlike injection molding, no pressure is used in the product creation process.
Types of Rotational Molding FurnitureThe list is endless, with the only limitation being the designer’s imagination. This is because it is possible to create molds of all shapes and sizes to come up with a desired product. As a result, we have all types of plastic chairs and tables, shelves, cabinets, beds, bathtubs, decorative pots, drawer slides, furniture caps, furniture legs, partitions, picture frames etc. just to name but a few.
The Advantages of Choosing Plastic FurnitureEconomical. Plastic is cheaper to manufacture than most of the other materials out here. The finished product is also easier to maintain. Resistant to chemicals. Most of the resins are resistant to chemicals, which makes the products perfect for use in chemical prone areas. It does not corrode. This feature makes plastic furniture perfect for any climatic conditions. UV protection. There are additives in the resin that protect the products from getting weakened when exposed to UV. Strength. The plastic products can be manufactured to be strong and flexible, with impact and dent resistance. It is possible to enforce a piece of plastic furniture with molded features for better strength. They are beautiful. They add a pop of color to dull spaces. Since the plastic polymer can be preconditioned to have a certain color, there is no need for painting which gives the finished product a maintenance free, uniform and cost effective color and look. The products can also be manufactured with engravings and long lasting graphics.
The Advantages of Using Rotational Molding to Create Furniture
- As mentioned above, there is no limit to the size or shape that one may need.
- This leaves room for a lot of creativity. The production cost per unit is comparatively affordable.
- One can choose to have custom made furniture, with antibacterial and anti microbial properties.
- When one does not like how a product looks, the only thing that needs to be changed is the shape of the mold which makes the process quite flexible and great for test runs before mass production.
- The products can be ribbed or have inserts to make them stronger and more durable.
- You can choose to have your logo on the product in either a subtle or an easily noticed part of your furniture.